DIY Dock Stanchion Kits
Now the classic do-it-yourselfers can spend less on their docks and get more from their lake front today! Don’t have thousands of dollars to spend on a brand new dock from the local marina? By using our aluminum dock stanchions, you can build your own high quality, easy to install and remove lake dock. Also provided as a no charge, no registration download are our easy to follow boat dock plans to help you make your dream dock a reality.
Why build your own dock?
1. It’s Easy – Free dock building instructions make it a weekend project
2. It’s Cheap – 50 to 80% less than the cost of a dock from the marina
3. It’s High Quality – Aluminum stanchions won’t rust out and the design is simple and robust
The choice is clear and your family will love the dock. Don’t struggle with that old junk another day!
Each DIY dock kit includes:
- 1 aluminum adjustable stanchion (Consisting of 2 stanchion halves that bolt together) – Won’t rust and will look and function beautifully for years to come.
- 2 aluminum support pipes – Heavy duty 1-1/2″ schedule 40 available in 3ft, 4ft, 5ft, 6ft, and 7ft lengths.
- Set-bolts and nuts along with the hardware to connect the 2 stanchion halves together.
- Free dock building instructions – Easy to follow and free to download with no obligation to purchase any products or complete a registration.
** Each stanchion is adjustable for retrofit to a dock of 36″, 42″, or 48″ **
Free Dock Building Instructions Include:
- Clear and complete instructions to aid in the building of a pressure treated wooden boat dock to use with your aluminum stanchion kits.
- Complete materials list along with cut wood lengths, assembly instructions and dimensioned plans, and computer designed models to visually aid the build.
- Easy to install and remove dock design features (2) removable deck inserts per 4ft x 8ft section.
- Estimated cost per section beyond stanchion kits is $80 each (reference only and costs will vary).
View the Free Dock Building Plans Here: Dock Instructions
Please remember to check out our Zero Liability Return Policy so you can order with confidence.
Save more and do it yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions for DIY Dock Stanchion Kits
A: Absolutely. Many of our customers purchase these stanchions for retrofit to their current lake dock. Each of the stanchion’s interior widths are a half inch wider than their nominal setting. For example, on the 48″ dock setting, the inside width of the stanchion is actually 48.5″. This means it will fit nicely over a dock that has an actual width of 48″ even.
A: The (2) stanchion halves are bolted together to make the (1) stanchion. Bolting in different holes is what produces the different stanchion widths (36″, 42″, and 48″).
A: Just lumber, screws, and the bolts to connect the stanchion to the dock. The wooden materials you will need are all outlined in the free Dock Instructions.
A: The minimum length of support pipe you will typically need for a dock is as follows: Water depth + height you want the top of the dock out of the water + extra support pipe you want above the dock top for adjustment. A typical scenario for this might be 36″ +18″ +6″ = 60″ which would require 5ft support pipes.